1lb Chicken Breast pounded to 1/4 inch thick
1 egg white (beaten with 2 tbsp water)
3/4 c almond flour
1 can organic chopped tomatoes (mine were seasoned with basil)
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1 spaghetti squash
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Drizzle cut side with olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Roast cut side down for 45-1 hour. Start this step about 30 minutes prior to starting step 3.
3. Season the chicken with salt & pepper. Make an assembly line with the chicken, egg white, and almond flour.
4. Heat some olive oil in a large pan over med-high heat ( I swirl the pan 3 times). Dip each breast in the egg and then flour and add to the hot pan.
5. Brown each side for about 2-3 mins per side and place in a 13*9 baking pan.
6. Top each piece with some of the chopped tomatoes & sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted & chicken is cooked through.
7. Scrape the spaghetti squash from the skin. I usually hold it with an oven mitt, as it is pretty hot to hold coming out of the oven.
8. Place a serving of the squash on each plate and top with a piece of the chicken. We paired ours with broccoli too.