1 medium onion (chopped)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 large head of cauliflower (riced or chopped into 1/4" pieces)
1/4 cup +1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup heavy cream (or half & half)
Zest of one lemon, plus 1 TBSP juice
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1lb peeled & deveined shrimp (lay on baking sheet & toss with EVOO and salt & pepper)
1 bunch asparagus (trimmed and chopped into bite size pieces)
2. Heat the oil in a high sided pan and add the onion. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Cook until softened (4-5 mins) and then add the cauliflower. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Cook 2-3 minutes and add the garlic and 1/4 cup of stock, stirring until liquid is evaporated.
5. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of stock and the cream.Bring to a simmer. Cook about 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is softened.
6. During step 5, roast your shrimp at 425 degrees for 6-8 minutes and steam the asparagus.
7. Once cauliflower is softened, remove from heat and add the parmesan, zest, juice,and salt & pepper to taste.
8. Add the asparagus to the cauliflower mixture and toss. Transfer to a serving dish and top with the roasted shrimp and a sprinkle of the cheese.
It's a very versatile dish... you could use just the risotto as a side or toss with steamed broccoli. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!