4 Cod Fillets
1/2 cup Almond Milk (can also use Cow's milk or Coconut Milk)
1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
For the Salsa
1/2 cup Pineapple
1/4 of a red onion
2-3 TBSP chopped cilantro
Juice of one lime
Prepare the salsa first. This allows the flavors to blend together. You can also prepare it a day or two ahead of time. It's delicious with chips too!
1. Dice the Mango, pineapple,and red onion into small pieces.
**Kid Tip. People ask me if my kids eat what we eat...the answer is yes. I do not cook multiple meals for dinner, however I do make different versions. For this.. the kids are not huge fans of red onion, so I just chop up some mango and pineapple and put that with their dinner. That mango in the left corner is for them.
For the Fish
1. Pat dry the fillets and season with salt & pepper.
2. Heat a frying pan over med-high heat and add about 4 TBSP of coconut oil.
3. Dip each fillet in the almond milk and then the coconut and add to the pan.
4. Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side until coconut is lightly browned and fish is cooked through.
5. Top each piece with some of the salsa.
We paired ours with some steamed green beans. A little taste of the tropics for your Monday!